An app store (Google and Apple ) is a digital marketplace where users can browse, download and purchase applications for mobile devices. There are over two million apps in the Apple App Store and over three million in the Google Play Store. How do you make sure that your app is one of the few that users actually download and keep on their devices? That is why app store optimization is crucial for apps to get more visibility and download.
In this blog, it will be unboxed what is App Store Optimization (ASO) and how to get benefit from it. If you are ınteresed in keep reading.
- What is app store optimization?
- Types of App store optimization
- Why do you need ASO?
- How seo improve app store?
- How do you optimize the app store?
- Various Strategy of App Store Optimization
- When optimizing your app you should focus on
- How to learn ASO ( Simple Tactic )
- App Store Optimization Example For Google Play
What is app store optimization?
App Store Optimization (ASO) is the process of improving the visibility and organic downloads of an app in an app store. It mainly consists in optimizing the app name, app description, app screenshots, etc. in order to increase the chances of being discovered by potential users through the app store search engine. A good ASO strategy can help an app rank higher in the App Store search results, and therefore, increase its download volume.
Types of App store optimization
There are 3 types of app stores which are Google Play ( Android App) , App Store ( IOS app ), and Huawei App Gallery. Every app gallery has different search algorithms, user interface, and company yet their user have common in terms of needs. It can be seen that three companies have also a common approach to the search engine as to what to achieve to satisfy users. Yet they apply different approaches to give what users want. That’s we uncover here in this article
Why do you need ASO?
There are many reasons why you might need app store optimization. Maybe you’re not getting enough downloads, or your conversion rate is low. Maybe you’re not even ranking in the top 10. ASO can help you with all of these issues and more.
The main benefit of app store optimization is that it can help you to get more downloads. This is because it can help you to improve your ranking in the app store, and when your app is ranked higher, it will be more likely to be seen by potential users.
ASO can also help to improve your conversion rate, which is the percentage of people who download your app after seeing it. ASO can also help you to stand out from the competition. With so many apps available, it can be difficult to ensure that your app is seen and downloaded.
ASO can help to make your app more visible, and it can also help to make your app look more appealing to potential users. Overall, app store optimization can help you to improve your app’s visibility, ranking, and conversion rate. This can result in more downloads and a better user experience for your app.
So when ASO is optimized properly, it will increase the app’s visibility in stores. More app is in front of the user, more you will increase to get user and monetize them. Because it’s all about finding users for your app. Otherwise, it can be waste of time. In order for people to find and download your app, it needs to be visible in the app store.
App store search algorithms are complex and ever-changing, so it’s important to employ ASO tactics to ensure your app ranks as high as possible in search results. So keep those in mind.
- Competition for visibility is fierce – The app stores are saturated with apps and the competition for visibility is fierce. Without effective ASO, your app may get lost in the crowd
- Conversion rates are important – Once someone has found your app, you want them to download it! Your conversion rate (the percentage of people who download your app after finding it in the store) is a critical metric that can be improved with effective ASO techniques.
- Improving your app’s visibility and conversion rate can increase downloads – In short, getting more people to find and download your app can result in more sales and a better return on investment (ROI) for your app.
- Relevant User – You might see the term relevant if you make a search about app store optimization for user acquisition. This is as important as having users for the app
How seo improve app store?
There are a few ways in which app store SEO can improve an app’s visibility in App Store. One is by optimizing the title and keywords, screenshots, UX/UI, the subtitle of the app so that it appears in relevant search results. Additionally, developing a strong app marketing strategy that includes links to the app’s page in the App Store can also help. It is simply acquisition part of the app which is the first start of business.
How do you optimize the app store?
There are a number of ways to optimize an app for the App Store. The following are a few of the most important:
1. Keyword research: Identify the keywords that people are most likely to use when searching for your app. Incorporate these as exact keywords into your app’s title, description, and metadata.
2. App Store metadata: Make sure your app’s title, description, and screenshots are well written and are optimized for the App Store. using keywords.
3. App icon: The app icon is one of the most visible elements of your app. Make sure it is well designed and accurately represents your app. So keep in mind first interaction with the user is an icon, so make it clean and simple also attractive.
4. App ratings and reviews: Encourage users to rate and review your app. Positive ratings and reviews can help improve your app’s visibility and ranking in the App Store.
In this blog, we will give more detail on each element of app store optimization.
Google Play VS App Store : Search Optimization
There are two different companies that have their own distinct search engines. It means the search engines work similar logic but different calculations as far as understood from our tests. Both search engines focus on two elements:
- Customer satisfaction
As it’s mentioned above, both of them are companies, and they want to profit. But profit comes after customer satisfaction. So you should apply the same methodology to your app to make a profitable app business.
It will be mentioned the more elements of the coming ASO course ( App store optimization: For Developer & App Marketer ) with example. Learn more about these elements and how to utilize them for your benefit.
Elements of App Store Optimization:
There are a few key things you can do to improve your app’s visibility and ranking in the App Store. Some of the most important ones are:
1. Make sure your app is properly localized for different countries. More important which county you will go for? Look at the easy and profitable one.
2. Write a great app description that accurately describes your app and its features. Use defined keywords with specific field. Google likes repetition with quality context. We will look at how to find keywords and context keywords
Note: ASO keyword tools do not provide context keywords, but we will show you how to find them.
3. Use high-quality screenshots to show off your app in the best light. Put your main keyword in the screenshot because most people search for it.
4. Select the correct category for your app. Don’t fight on the wrong side with competitors. How to define a category for app, look at app store optimization checklist
5. Use keywords in your app’s title and description. Make a keyword list but stay focused, find synonyms
6. Get positive reviews and ratings from users. This will give a positive signal to the search engines.
Various Strategy of App Store Optimization
App store optimization needs data from users and the app’s meditate. There are different strategies (approaches) as to how to get users from ASO. Let’s look at strategy:
1-One strategy is to make the best product on market and get positive feedback from users. But this strategy tends to take more time and risk due to upcoming competition in terms of ASO.
2-Another strategy is to make MVP products, with start with basic ASO. The strategy is more balanced and rational in terms of time and competitiveness.
3-Other strategy is to make MVP products and always assess user feedback. On the other hand, ASO is initiated and tested over time. Well, it’s one of the best strategies based on the possibility to win the competition.
When optimizing your app you should focus on
When optimizing your app, you should focus on the features that your users use the most. If you have an app with a lot of features, it can be difficult to decide which ones to focus on. You can use analytics to help you identify the features that are used the most. Once you know which features are used the most, you can focus on optimizing those features.
You can also use user feedback to help you determine which features to focus on. If you see that a particular feature is causing users problems, you can focus on fixing that feature. You can also focus on making the feature easier to use.
Another thing to keep in mind when optimizing your app is to make sure that it is compatible with different devices. You want to make sure that your app works well on all devices, including smartphones and tablets. You can use analytics to help you identify any compatibility issues.
Finally, you want to make sure that your app is efficient. You can use analytics to help you identify any areas where your app is using too much data or battery power. You can then focus on optimizing those areas.
Then we can think about app store optimization in detail but the first thing first is a valuable product.
Apple App Store optimization
Many factors influence App Store ranking, but the most important one is the number of downloads an app receives as data shows first, there is a number of elements that you should think of as the basis of Apple Aso.
The following are some tips on how to optimize an app for the Apple App Store:
1. Choose the right keywords
One of the most important aspects of ASO is keyword optimization.
You should choose keywords that people are likely to use when searching for apps like yours.
The keywords you choose should also be relevant to your app and its features.
The keywords should be an exact match, as it gives more strong signal to engines as to what the app is about.
2. Use keyword-rich titles
The title of your app is one of the most important factors that affect its ranking in the App Store.
Make sure to use keywords in your title, but don’t go overboard.
You also want to make sure your title sounds appealing to potential users.
Best title keywords have the most search volume with defining a topic. We will show you how to do that in detail in the course.
3. Write compelling app descriptions
Your app description is another important factor that can help you rank higher in the App Store.
Make sure to write a compelling description that accurately describes your app and its features.
Include keywords in your description to help you rank higher in the App Store search results.
Most ASO’s might not agree with this assumption but as it is tested, long descriptions for the app store can make difference for ranking.
4. Select high-quality screenshots
Screenshots are a very important part of your app’s listing in the App Store.
Make sure to select high-quality screenshots that accurately represent your app.
Including screenshots in your listing can help increase your download volume.
These screenshots should tell a story and also define the app’s features. If an emotional trigger is used on screenshots, the app has more advantages as compared to other apps in-app store.
5. Localize your app
If you are targeting a global audience, you should consider localizing your app.
Localization involves translating your app’s interface and description into different languages.
Localizing your app can help you reach a larger audience and increase your downloads
App store optimization for google play
Aso for Google play is analogous to Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for websites. ASO can be achieved through optimizing an app’s title, description, keywords, and screenshots. This is like optimizing Apple App Store but there is a different strategy.
The most important factor for improving an app’s visibility is its ranking in the app store’s search results. The higher an app appears in the search results, the more likely it is to be downloaded.
The following tips will help you improve your app’s ranking in the Google Play Store:
1. Choose the right keywords
The first step in optimizing your app is to choose the right keywords. Keywords are the terms that people use to search for apps.
When choosing keywords, you should consider the following factors:
-How often the keyword is searched
-The level of competition for the keyword
-The relevance of the keyword to your app
-It is not recommended to focus on keywords but a topic which means collections of keywords
You can use Google’s Keyword Planner and autosuggest to find the right keywords for your app. We will make example how to choose and search for valuable keywords
2. Optimize your app’s title
Your app’s title is the first thing that people see when they search for apps in the Google Play Store. It is therefore important to choose a title that accurately describes your app and is relevant to the keywords that you have chosen.
The title should be less than 30 characters long and should not include any characters that are against Google play guidelines.
3. Write a keyword-rich description
Your app’s short description is the second thing that people see when they search for apps in the Google Play Store. It is therefore important to write a description that accurately describes your app and is relevant to the keywords that you have chosen.
The description should be less than 80 characters.
4. Use high-quality screenshots
Your app’s screenshots are the third thing that people see when they search for apps in the Google Play Store. It is therefore important to use high-quality screenshots that accurately depict your app.
How to learn ASO ( Simple Tactic )
1. Do your research. Familiarize yourself with the different app store optimization techniques and how they can help improve your app’s visibility.
2. Use the right keywords. Make sure you use the right keywords in your app’s title, keywords field, and description.
3. Monitor your competition. Keep an eye on your competition and see what techniques they’re using to improve their ranking.
4. Use app store optimization tools. There are several app store optimization tools available online that can help you improve your ranking.
5. Experiment. Try different app store optimization techniques and see which ones work best for you. Following these tips will help you learn ASO and improve the visibility and ranking of your app in app stores.
App Store Optimization Example For Google Play
First thing first, you should know what the app does, such as what problem they solve, what exactly it does. This gives you a basic understanding of what keywords users search for in the play store. They are just starting point of keyword research. So then write these keywords on the Play store, look at your potential competitors. Well, it’s so good to see them in one place. Unfortunately, there is no such tool out there but we did it for our job to assess one keyword, you can also do that simply by putting keywords in the search bar and seeing the result page.
So here you can see overall your competitors based on your main keyword. But how to decide which main keyword you should target. You will learn more in the upcoming apps store optimization course. Simply try to find a keyword that represents your app clearly.
When you find the main keyword, you should find related/long-tail keywords which are connected to the main keyword. If your app is just new, highly recommend one main keyword and other related keywords. Because Google Play like focus information.
Most ASO’s try to make semantic core keywords that were given by ASO tools but they will not give your context keywords that give meaning to words. Let me give you an example when you talk about a topic such as class, automatically you should talk about students, teacher, desk, books…. and more. That’s how Google understands your long description.
So overall find the main keyword and its related keywords with context keywords. Please look at one of the app store optimization example in the link.
Now that you know the basics of app store optimization, it’s time to put what you’ve learned into practice! By abovementioned the tips and tricks outlined in this guide, you can give your app the best chance of being discovered by potential users and driving downloads. Keep in mind that ASO is an ongoing process, so don’t be afraid to revisit your efforts overtime to ensure that you’re getting the most out of them. With a little hard work and patience, you should see improved results in no time.